Owning a house is everybody’s dream and people spend generously to achieve their goal. Though it’s a worthy investment, expenses typically go beyond the budget,
resulting in a huge liability. In most cases, lack of proper planning is the reason for the high construction costs. Unplanned construction also results in many jobs remaining incomplete even after the family moves into their house. According to reliable builders in Trivandrum, proper planning and execution can help you construct your dream house while keeping cost low and without compromising on quality. This dispels the myth that low-cost construction involves the use of low-grade building material. The truth is that experienced construction companies in Trivandrum will use low-cost construction methods to help you build a house commensurate with your budget and goals.
“There is something permanent, and something extremely profound, in owning a home.” Kenny Guinn
Here is an overall guide on low cost house construction methods that will explain how you can minimize costs without compromising on quality and the basic building materials.
- Develop a budget and solid plan: The right plan can put you on the right track. People often make the mistake of starting house construction without fixing a budget or creating a solid plan. Set a budget and based on this, ask your family, friends and well-wishers for ideas. Different suggestions will lead to new ideas that can help you design the best possible low cost house without compromising on quality.
- Choose the plot wisely: Land prices are increasing by the day. Buying a plot in suburban area (that is not “so developed”) is a practical and economical option. Choose an area that has good potential to become an extended part of the city. A low-cost plot will significantly bring down your overall costs.
- Collect material from demolition sites: You can save a lot of money by collecting salvaged materials from old houses that are demolished. Such material is sold at a low rate. Remember to get expert help when buying such products.
- Monitor construction carefully: Keep a close watch on the construction process. Monitoring the work on a daily basis can prevent the need to rework things, which could prove costly. Track the work even if you have an excellent contractor. This will keep them under pressure to use the right products and get work done as per the schedule.
- Use less costly material for doors and windows: While teak is a preferred option in Kerala, it is expensive. There are many other less expensive and sturdy options in the market. Choose cost-efficient wood and get it treated to keep it pest-free.
Partnering with an experienced construction company is crucial when it comes to house construction. Reliable builders and contractors in Trivandrum can help you realize your dream of a low cost house. They will have all the resources required to support your low-cost construction methods. Professional builders also have good connections with building material suppliers and will be able to source what you need at lower prices, which will save you a considerable amount of money that you can use on something else. Leading contractors can provide you with a great plan for your budget.